Olive Tree Lab Terrain™ Features
Olive Tree Lab Terrain™ features Include:
· Noise barriers of finite size with special properties for the design of remedial measures. At a click of a button one can change from a wedge barrier to an I-shape, Γ-shape or Π-shape barrier thin or thick.
· Ray tracing and Ray detection engine is designed to offer unlimited order of diffraction rays and reflections rays.
· Olive Tree Lab Terrain ray tracing and ray detection engine calculates all sound propagation in a 3D environment, taking into consideration all modelled surfaces (as terrain, walls and noise barriers) irrespective of size and angle. Number of sound rays can be limited (either by distance, frequency and other parameters) based on user’s settings in the calculation options module.
· Reflection calculation is based on the Fresnel zones approach, taking into consideration the finite size of a potential reflector. Imported 3D models from 3rd party CAD applications models could have unlimited dimensional resolution defined by the user*. In OTL Terrain, the user does not have to address the problem how many reflections or diffraction have to be taken into account. Reflections and diffractions between noise sources and receivers are calculated independently and are taken into account based on user’s settings in the OTL Terrain calculation options module on the number of strongest sound ray contributions. This enables the removal of weaker in noise level sound rays, thus turning Olive Tree Lab Terrain into a design tool for remedial measures and noise barriers.
· Calculates sound pressure level from a single source to a receiver(s) by coherent summation over all possible sound rays. For sources which are coherent, coherent summation over all possible sound rays also applies. If sources are incoherent, then coherent summation is performed for each source over all possible paths to the receiver, and then added incoherently.
· 3D Sound Mapping, Import/Export DXF & Images.
For Full features list see Version Comparison.